So, the other day when I was trying out my new $13 digital tuner I really wanted to make a video to show you guys. But, I found that I didn't have enough hands. I couldn't hold the uke, the video camera and the tuner all at the same time. Let me start by saying that I absolutely love the video camera that I have. It's a Flip MinoHD Camcorder and it freaking rules! Here's a picture and some specs:
* Holds 60 minutes of HD-quality video (1280 x 720 resolution at 30 frames per second; 16:9 widescreen) on 4 GB of built-in memory
* Weighs only 3.3 ounces; Super-slim, super-sleek design, fits into your pocket or purse
* Features one-touch recording and digital zoom
* Flip-out USB arm plugs directly into your computer to launch built-in FlipShare software
* FlipShare software lets you save and organize your videos, edit individual clips, make custom movies, email your videos, and upload them
Yup. I love it dearly. But, I needed to make it work for filming myself play the Ukulele and talk and generally make a buffoon of myself. Then I notice that there's a little hole at the bottom of it. (NOTE: Yeah, I'm the Ukulele Guy, not the camera guy, obviously). So, I start searching for "Flip Video stand" and junk like that until, some time later, I remember.... Oh yeah! They call those things tripods, right? Heh.
So then I found this little number that I'm ordering as soon as I finish this post:
Huzzah! Now I can make all sorts of videos for this site, cause there's tons of stuff I want to show you guys. For example, I'm fairly decent at the following songs:
- Facts of Life Themesong
- Diff'rent Strokes Themesong
- Sweet Child o' Mine Medly with Baby Elephant Walk
- Rubber Ducky
See.. that was worth sitting through a tripod post, right? As soon as I get that thing you'll have all sorts of ukulele hilarity to keep you buys!
HOLD THE PHONE!
ilovefizzypop, on Twitter, told me to get a gorillapod instead. Thankfully I had to rush out the door before I ordered the other tripod because I was late pickup up my son from school. Heh. I just now checked it out and it looks awesome! Plus, you can get custom colors (hello blue!). Also, the price is so low that it's one of those deals where you have to add it to your shopping cart to see the actual price ($16.29 shhh... don't tell).
So, I'm buying it now. I'm going to go with the GP1-EBEN, but it looks like there are fancier ones as well (with bubble levels, no less!). Here's the pretty blue picture of the one I'll soon be holding.