Six Free Ukulele Songbooks! (Thanks Taunton Ukulele Strummers Club!)
Well, once again Steve Berryman (steveberryman on twitter) hooks a brother up with some free Ukulele Songbooks. As you might remember, last time Steve pointed us in the direction of London Uke Festival's Songbook. This time it's SIX (count em, six!) ukulele songbooks from the Taunton Ukulele Strummers Club. This fun-loving bunch hails from Somerset (in the UK) and if you want to hear some recordings of them performing some of these choice numbers, then check out the music section of their site.
EDIT: Unfortunately their site is no longer working. Doh!
I've give you the links and brief summary of each of the books.
- Book One is 14 pages and it has a wide variety of songs. There are old standards like "Sweet Georgia Brown" and classic favorites like "In the Summertime" by Mungo Jerry. There are also some modern tunes by Coldplay and George Michael, so it's a pretty diverse mix.
- Book Two is 28 pages of goodness as well. There are some songs from "Oh Brother Where Art Thou?", some Duran Duran, some Donovan, "King of the Road" and even "I wanna be like you" from the Jungle Book.
- Book Three is 13 pages and the emphasis is the 60s. So, you've got The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Dusty Springfield and more.
- Book Four is a whopping 36 pages of variety. There's some Jack Johnson in here, some Elvis, "Dizzy" by Tommy Roe, Abba, Bananarama and even the Spin Doctors. (Although I could have done without that last one.. heh).
- Book Five is 44 freaking pages! That's enough pages to have at least three Bon Jovi songs! There's also some INXS, Madonna and even "500 Miles" by The Proclaimers.
- Book Six is just in time for the season. Ukulele Christmas Songs! Classics like "Frosty the Snowman" and "Let it snow" sit right alongside of "Blue Christmas" and "Do they know it's Christmas".
I know what you're thinking. How much will I have to pay for these six songbook collection? $29.99? $39.99? What if I told you that you could have it all for 3 easy payments of nothing? Yup. It's all free. Enjoy!
NOTE: Since their website isn't active anymore, I've decided to post the songbooks on my site until they are up and running again. If you are affiliated with the Taunton Ukulele Strummers Club, please contact me if you don't approve.